When people think of summer parties, typically their thoughts go to the tried and true conventional barbecues, where everyone has beers in hand and Dad is cooking burgers or hot dogs on the grill. The summer barbecue is a classic for a reason, and there's nothing wrong with it. But why not branch out a little bit this summer? Wine-tastings are fun events that provide equal parts culture and sophistication.
Here are a few considerations to take into account when putting together your own wine-tasting party:
- Keep it small-ish. A wine-tasting isn't like your average BBQ or pool party. You will want to keep the size of your party around a dozen or so people, to keep the event manageable but also to best promote conversation between glasses.
- Give everyone the same glasses. There's no need to break the bank on extremely fine (and expensive) crystal glasses, but giving everyone the same glassware to drink from ensures an equal tasting experience without any case-by-case biases. Go for medium or large-sized glasses so that you can waft the wine to your nose before taking a drink.
- Make snacks. Wine and cheese is a foolproof combo that enhances the tastes of both. Crackers will also help give your palate a reprieve in between wines.
Of course, with all this wine comes the necessity to store it somewhere. Consider one of the many wine coolers we offer at Todays Concept, such as the Kalorik WCL 20629 18 Bottle Wine Cooler. This environmentally friendly and quiet case will keep your bottles cool all summer long, and its double paned glass door will let you show off your collection to jealous visitors.
- Give your wine the treatment it deserves with the Kalorik 18-bottle wine cooler
- I’m planning to play Suspend at my Oscar party
- Getting set up for the big Super Bowl party
- Keep your AC primed for the summer months
- Don’t have the space to throw a party? Use your garage with some help from an electric heater