I love winter. There's nothing like playing with your kids in the snow, skiing and being inside your home and watching a storm rage on right outside your window. Yet, despite how cozy winter can make us feel, there's one thing I find extremely annoying about this season: the static electricity.
When it's cold or dry out during the winter, I always find myself getting shocked. When I was a kid, I used to think I had magic powers, and these tiny shocks were just emblematic of one of my many superpowers. Then, my older sister crushed this belief and quickly let me know that it was just static electricity that was causing my hair to stand up on my head.
But despite how cool I thought static electricity was back then, I sure don't feel the same way anymore. In fact, it downright annoys me, usually because I'm not prepared for it. In fact, it began to get on my nerves so much, that I decided to do a little research on how I could put an end to these annoying shocks.
One of the articles I read said that static electricity was so prevalent, especially during winter months because the air was so dry. To add some moisture into the air, the author recommended I buy a humidifier.
Boy, am I glad I did! I can't even begin to describe how helpful this appliance has been. Long gone are those winter days when I would shock myself every time I walk barefoot on my rug or touch a doorknob. My wife is equally happy. She used to hate getting shocked as much as I did!